Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ogr3
Guide
Guide

I have five cameras in total, 

Arlo pro starter kit - two cameras and the VMB4000 base.

Arlo pro 2 camera

Arlo pro 3 starter kit - two cameras with the included VMB4540 base

I have been using all five cameras with theVMB4000 base , but this year the arlo pro 3 cameras have been extremely unreliable, showing offline now and then. The solution is to go to the camera and connect the charging cable and in is online again.

Why don't the cameras 'self-heal' if they have a temporary network outage? It's only the pro 3 cameras that are unreliable the pro and pro 2 have never shown as offline.

Today I kind of got fed up and started up the base that was shipped with the pro 3 cameras and put them on that one instead. Should I expect it to be more robust now?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The use of the hub for the Pro 3s may be useful but I wonder if it's more about the camera locations. It would be somewhat difficult to swap cameras around with the older cameras due to the difference in mounts but could be instructive. Placing the hub in a more centralized location relative to the Pro 3 cameras may solve the issue, too.

ogr3
Guide
Guide

Yes that would be a good way to check it, but the problem is that one of the pro 3 is actually closest to the base (about 2 meters) and the other one is farthest from the base (about 12 meters). And still it is both the pro 3's that are unreliable, and that means both of them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could also be something about your wireless (not necessarily WiFi) environment. Look for devices that use 2.4GHz for any reason that could be interfering.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation