Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Svane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have issues with my Arlo Pro 3 cameras frequently sending motion events when there is no motion detected. This is not seen in the Arlo app where only valid motion events are seen but both Amazon Alexa and Samsung Smartthings (irrespectively of each other) pick up motion events from the Pro 3 cameras at the same times when there is no actual movement. This happens very frequently.

I have 5 different Arlo cameras - 1 Video Doorbell, 1 Essential, 1 Essential XL and 2 Pro 3.

I have my cameras connected to Samsung Smartthings and Amazon Alexa and all cameras are working fine except the two Arlo Pro 3 cameras. In the Arlo app there are no "false" motion detects listed but both Samsung Smartthings and Alexa pick up motion events (irrespectively of each other) from the Pro 3 cameras. I use the cameras as triggers to turn on lights through Alexa and Samsung Smartthings and the lights triggered by the Pro 3 cameras turn on frequently when there is no motion in the Arlo app. I can see in logs (both from Amazon and Samsung irrespectively) that motions are sent from the cameras very frequently when nothing is seen in the Arlo app. Since this issue is seen at the same times on both Samsung Smartthings and Amazon alexa when they are set to trigger actions from the Arlo pro 3 cameras this must be something that is sent from the cameras or the Arlo base station.

Does anybody now what's causing this issue or if there is any way to solve it?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Svane wrote:

I use the cameras as triggers to turn on lights through Alexa and Samsung Smartthings and the lights triggered by the Pro 3 cameras turn on frequently when there is no motion in the Arlo app.

Are you seeing motion recordings at the time these events occur?

Are you using smart notifications?

Svane
Aspirant
Aspirant

No motion recordings happen when these "false motion notifications" happen in the other systems. When there actually it's movement I get recordings and notifications. Yes, I use smart notifications. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Svane wrote:

Yes, I use smart notifications. 

You might try turning them off (and also disabling any activity zones) as a test.  Then see if the app notifications match Alext and Smartthings.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation