Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 cameras and floodlight keep going offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JC72
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 3 cameras (4 of them) and floodlight keep going offline. My Nest doorbell is still active, so it's not usually my wifi. I shouldn't have to restart my Smarthub (if it even allows me to tap the restart, sometimes it's not highlighted) every few days. This is supposed to be a reliable camera system to watch the house without me having to monitor it all the time. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo doesn't use your WiFi so the comparison to the Nest doesn't matter other than proving Internet access. When "offline", what is the hub LED showing? If blue, have you tried force closing the app and reopening it as well as trying a computer browser?

JC72
Aspirant
Aspirant

I meant that my internet connection for the Nest is still good, so my internet connection wasn't the issue. Also, I'm away from the house, my primary reason for having cameras, so I can't always see what color the light is on the tower. I've tried the forced shut down on the app and it also shows the "camera offline" when I do try from a computer browser. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've tried the force close and a browser, it does seem like a real issue. It would still be good to know what the LED is showing when you get home and still offline. 

It may just be that the connection between the hub and cameras is the issue. Moving the hub for a better connection could be the answer. House construction, objects on and in the wall, wireless interference, etc. can all play a part.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation