Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jds29
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four Arlo Pro 3 cameras.  All have worked well until today.  One camera shows a 'Your Arlo device appears offline' message.  I removed the device and manually paired the camera by removing it from its housing.  The camera paired and showed up in the app.  When I put the camera back in the housing, things froze and the camera shows a 'Your Arlo device appears offline' message again.  I did this three times with the same result.  The problem always appears when I put the camera back in the housing.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it just when putting the case back on or do you also have an external power source (solar panel or AC power) being connected?

jds29
Aspirant
Aspirant

No external power source.  Just putting the case back on with a fully charged battery.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jds29 wrote:

No external power source.  Just putting the case back on with a fully charged battery.

Odd.  But I am guessing that putting on the housing isn't actually causing the freeze.

Two things you might try to test that:

1. Leaving the case off for a while, and see if the camera still freezes
  2. Putting the case on, but leave the camera in the same room as the base (but at least 6 feet away), and see if it freezes.

You might also try the hardware reset procedure, and see if that changes anything.  Remove the camera from the account, press the sync button on the camera until it flashes amber, then onboard the camera again.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation