Arlo Pro 3 camera connection issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
64Scott
Guide
Guide

I have a system with two Pro 3 cameras and an Ultra Pro 4 camera connected to a hub.  Been working well for years but suddenly both Pro 3 cameras have lost connection to the hub.  The Pro 4 is still connected and working fine.  Have rebooted the hub multiple times and the Pro 4 connects but the Pro 3's won't connect.  Away from the system so can't do a manual sync.  Just before the Pro 3's lost connection their battery status was 100% and the each have solar panels.  Very strange that connectivity was lost on both Pro 3  cameras at the same time - wonder if there was a firmware or software update that interrupted the connectivity between the Pro 3 cameras and the hub.  Following Arlo's troubleshooting guide removed one camera and tried to add the device back.  The hub can't find it.  Signal strength between the cameras and the hub has always been very good.  Anyone else had similar issues?

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@64Scott 

Have you tried adding the camera back via a web portal on the computer at my.arlo.com?

64Scott
Guide
Guide

Hi Shayne,

Yes tried this and it can't find the cameras.  Eventually says to "press the sync button on the inside of the camera" .  Obviously can't do this as I'm away from home.

Very strange that both Pro 3 cameras stopped communicating with the hub at the same time yet the newer camera is connected.  Have to think it's related to some software or firmware change in either the Pro 3 cameras or the hub.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@64Scott I'll be happy to keep troubleshooting this when you are back in town.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation