Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 blurry after updating the firmware.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
harsh_chane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone!!

Today I received my Arlo Pro 3 camera kit, While setting up, I was very impressed by the picture quality but just after the camera firmware updated, the picture went all blurry. Please let me know if this is a firmware problem or I just received a faulty kit. I will update the post with comparison as soon I get my other kit this week.

Update: Looks like this has been going for a long time now:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Video-Pixelation-after-firmware-update-Pro-VMB4000r3-1-16-1-1...

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The definition of "blurry" means various things. A screenshot would help. I suspect it's streaks or heavy pixelation which frequently is caused by signal strength/quality issues. I would start by rebooting the hub and reinsert the camera battery. Failing that, try removing and resyncing the camera.

harsh_chane
Aspirant
Aspirant
The screenshot is attached below, and no it is not caused by the signal as the SmartHub is only 10 meters away. The Internet speed is up to 300 MBPS while the upload is somewhere between 35 MBPS.
dcfox1
Master
Master

What area do you consider blurry in the pic. Are you talking about the shaded area? That is less crisp but I have seen that when there are contrasting lighting in the same view. 

harsh_chane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Contrasting Lighting seems like a reasonable problem, but when there is no sun it still appears pixelated. Do you really think this looks 2k to you? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This last image is obviously in reduced lighting (dusk?). The image is still in color so hasn't switched to low light B&W but less light likely means poorer quality, which is the reason for the camera to switch to B&W. Small sensors have small pixels - the number of photons hitting any pixels is reduced, increasing the noise level of the output. It's not a resolution thing other than the size of the photosites caused by resolution vs. sensor size.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation