Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Working Activity Zones

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have watched and commented on a lot of threads here where activity zones are not working.

The purpose of this thread is to ask if anyone with the Arlo Pro 3 actually have activity zones set up that work? I'm not interested in any other model but the pro 3 as that is what I have.

I have to make a decision either today or tomorrow if I'm keeping them or sending them back. I've saw all the negative post's so lets see if there are any positive post's about this. I have done everything, reset the base, deleted and reinstalled cameras even deleted and rest all my activity zones and nothing seems to help.

Again I'm trying to find something positive here from actual Pro 3 owners/users. 

7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

@K80Shooter  I had activity zones working up until a week or so ago. Some people said in past they were not and others said they were fine. Shane has posted in  several threads here after u posted this that they are aware and are working on it. Other then that it been fine for me just some quirks. 

Doug_Cam
Initiate
Initiate

I have 2 Arlo Pro 3 cams with Activity Zones partially working. To get Activity Zones at least partially working, I had to create Custom Modes since the default "Armed" mode did not seem to respect Activity Zones at all. The cams will often detect and record for Motion Alerts that are even turned off such as Vehicle, Animals, All Other Motion. The cams are using full power (not the solar panel or battery-only). Motion outside the Activity Zones generally does not trigger the cams, but I do see some false alerts, so I consider the Activity Zones to be only partially respected. I have had the cams for about 2 months and am still testing what settings work best.

The system is buggy in my opinion, but I have it working well enough to meet my minimal needs. Hopefully, Arlo will fix the (software?/firmware?) bugs and design problems over time. I would rate the system 2.5 out of 5 stars. Good luck!

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Doug_Cam  The smart notifications which are different from the activity zones even when turned off it records but does not send notifications.  Such as I have all other motion off and I do not get the notification but do have the recording labeled "Motion".  That's how its suppose to work. Yea activity zones are hit and miss. 

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@dcfox1  & @Doug_Cam 

Thanks for your input guy's. I was really hoping someone would post saying that theirs did in fact work.  I have saw where James C had posted in earlier threads on this very topic saying he would update that thread when he had any information but as of today that has not happened, not even a update. I keep seeing where cases are escalated but I still do not see any solutions to this and several other problems. I have until tonight to initiate a return or I have to keep them. I have set up optional modes but the problems are pretty much the same, I'll continue to adjust/play with them throughout the day but I'm 98% sure that they are going back. 

If and/or when the problems are corrected I can always purchase them again. As I stated on a review which I did on them, I believe there is just some software issues that need working out and just maybe the cameras were released for sale just a little too early. I only want them to function like they are advertised to.

Good luck to everyone who has these.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@K80Shooter  Not that it would help you to today but he did update yesterday they are aware and working on it for what its worth. 

Nimajeb
Guide
Guide

I have 3 cameras, one of them kind of has activity zones working, the other 2 don't work at all.  Motion detection overall is terrible on those two.  One just doesn't trigger ever, activity zones or not.  The other has "moods" where it decides to work for hours, and then doesn't work for hours (even if I jump and wave in front of it).  So they both completely ignore the activity zones.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo recently deployed a cloud update enhancing Activity Zone accuracy. This should improve the experience for users reporting symptoms of motion detection alerts and recordings occurring outside of their defined Activity Zones. We are continuing to monitor Activity Zone behavior and will provide additional enhancements in the coming weeks.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation