Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 - Spouse cannot see recordings on Arlo Hub

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
velezjx3
Follower
Follower

Recently our free cloud access expired. I had set up the Arlo to record on a USB drive. I set up the remote access to be able to see those recordings while away from my network. However, I discovered that my wife could not see the arlo hub recording, only the cloud. Was this design like this? Or do I have have an incorrect setting? Why do I get to see them and my wife does not? I understand that Arlo has other "enhanced" things that can be done on the cloud that you cannot do in the recordings of arlo hum (like a view thumbnail of the recording, can view in cloud but not on arlo hub recordings, really Arlo???); but to prevent others, that I have granted access to the system, the ability to see those videos, it is just not right in anyway.

Arlo, stop being so $$ hungry and provide access to those we choose to share the Arlo hub the ability to see videos stored in the hub.

Disappointed,

JV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

velezjx3,

Users with shared access can only view recordings saved on the Arlo cloud. At this time, Direct access to local storage is only available using the primary users account.

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

velezjx3,

Users with shared access can only view recordings saved on the Arlo cloud. At this time, Direct access to local storage is only available using the primary users account.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation