Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Reduced change in functionality

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cseclt
Follower
Follower

Arlo Pro 3, iOS Iphone App, residential security (Local Storage-Flash Drive)

I have used Arlo for several years due to the flexibility in not having to purchase a service plan to use.  I have also recommended this product to many individuals based on my experience.  I recently had to upgrade due to my original base station giving up.  I purchased a Pro 3 to capture improved camera performance and was happy until today (initial 3 months expired).  My experience was really great until I had to start utilizing the "Local Storage" capability to avoid having to use Arlo cloud storage ($).  

Here is where I am very disappointed and will not recommend Arlo to anyone else.  I no longer have all of the features that were provided while using the trial storage option on start up (not just the storage matter).  I see access messages at the top of the app, slow data performance pulling in videos, CAN'T SELECT and DELETE videos from within the Library, when videos do appear in the Library, they have no icon image anymore it is a box with a down arrow, and i do not know what else will show up next.

i am very disappointed in Arlo  taking away the good efficient features to force customers to purchase their storage plans at a cost and that no longer offer a good option for the original customers.

It is so difficult to reach a customer service agent and many times you get kicked out of the queue prior to getting in touch with one (start all over in a longer queue).  Long waits and long discussions with little resolution.

I am very frustrated and disappointed in the expensive product I am left with that no longer provides sufficient features that are necessary to like the product.

Sorry Arlo, but you are forgetting what the customer liked about your product that no longer is an option.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cseclt,

These features are available through cloud storage and an Arlo Smart subscription.

When using local storage rather than cloud storage, thumbnails for video content will not be available. Additionally, content cannot be deleted that is stored locally. If you wish to delete this content, you'll need to eject the drive and view from a computer.

For more information on local storage, take a look here: What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation