Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
giostefani
Tutor
Tutor

I'm becoming more and more frustrated with Arlo every day.  I get a notification from one of my cameras on my andriod phone, but when I check for the recording, nothing is there.  Not on the app or the web portal.  I can't submit a case because it doesn't leave me logged in and I submit the log files, waste my time explaining the issue and nothing. What a frustrating company to deal with.  I've attached a multi-part photo.  One shows the notification at 2am on 1/8 and the other shows the app with nothing recorded since 1/7 (12-hours ago) as well as the web portal showing nothing recorded.  If the camera picked up motion, then why wasn't it recorded? What good is a security camera that doesn't provide security!!  BTW, this isn't the first time this has happened and it's happened with my other Arlo Pro 3 camera as well.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription? Check Settings, Subscription to be sure. Any camera newer than the Pro 2 needs a sub to record to the cloud. You can use a USB drive in your hub to record locally without a sub.

giostefani
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I have a subscription. The whole point of recording to the cloud is if someone breaks in, the first thing they steal is your recording device.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the hub and reinsert the camera battery to reset it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation