Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3: No motion detection after zoom glitch

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
MiddKid
Guide
Guide

In January 2020 I installed a system of four Arlo Pro 3 cameras (all with solar chargers), two SmartHubs, and a video doorbell.  All was working fine until last week. 

Last week I noticed one of our cameras (Hardware H9, Firmware 1.0060.10.12_358_e212922) was suddenly zoomed in all the way up in the sky as far as it would zoom.  Neither my wife nor I did this (no reason to zoom into this part of the picture...it was literally just the sky).  The camera seems to have glitched up to the sky itself.  Since this happened, I've lost motion detection.  I've done the following.

1.  Un-zoomed image.  No motion detection.

2.  Removed battery, reinstalled battery.  No motion detection.

3.  Removed camera from account, re-added to account.  No motion detection.

4.  Rebooted the SmartHub.  No motion detection.  Note...all three other cameras are all working fine.

5.  Removed battery, removed from account with battery removed, waited 5 minutes, added battery back, added camera back to profile.  All camera functions work great but there is zero motion detection.

I've tried the motion detection test and even at 100 sensitivity, it won't detect motion.  I've tried it with both activity zones on and off...still no detection.  It seems like once the camera flipped out and suddenly zoomed in to the top, it also disabled motion detection.  It was working fine before this zoom glitch.  Help!

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation