Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 3: motion notification out of established activity zone

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Williamwei
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 3-months free-trial, I just enabled the smart plan for my 2 cameras several days ago . Everything was good during the trial period in terms of motion detection.

However,  currently one of my camera 's motion detection doesn't work well:  there are always  some motions were pushed to my phone which are actually out of the established activity zone. I suspect the activity zone doesn't really work.

Please kindly advise.  Thanks.

William.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Williamwei,

This could be due to the position/angle of the camera. Can you provide a screenshot of your activity zones so we can better understand your setup?

JamesC

Williamwei
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James.

Please see below screenshot of my camera's activity zone.   As you can see, the zone didn't cover the street ( i.e. within the boundary of my driveway ). However, I get notification once every single car passed through ... 

The only difference I identified is Video Mode : I am using standard while it was wide.  Could it be the case?

Screenshot_20200228-172056.png

Williamwei
Aspirant
Aspirant

still suffering this issue which is significantly impacting the battery life , please advise.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Williamwei,

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Williamwei
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James, much appreciated.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation