Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 No Spotlight

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lenenkash
Follower
Follower

Hey there. I seem to be missing a spotlight feature on my Pro 3s. I did have it a few weeks ago and have changed nothing in the video settings. I’ve currently played with the video settings in an attempt to fix it with no success.

Video settings > low light settings > spotlight enabled, color enabled, constant, brightness 100%, night vision enabled.

I used to be able to hit the play button in the main screen of the app and adjust the spotlight brightness. When it was dark outside (footage is in night vision) then if I switched on the spotlight the image on the camera would be in color. Now when I switch on the spotlight in the app I get no spotlight projection nor color.

The cameras still show color footage during the day.

Aside from disconnecting and resetting the cameras……am I missing something?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lenenkash wrote:

I used to be able to hit the play button in the main screen of the app and adjust the spotlight brightness. When it was dark outside (footage is in night vision) then if I switched on the spotlight the image on the camera would be in color. Now when I switch on the spotlight in the app I get no spotlight projection nor color.

The color requires enough light, so if the spotlight isn't turning on you will still get nightvision.

Have you tried anything to fix this?  One simple measure is to try removing the battery, and then reinsert it.  That will reboot the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation