Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 - Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rajachilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought this Arlo Pro3 hub+2 cameras (VMS4240B-100NAS). Things are working fine and installation was easy. I could also hook up my Video doorbell AVD1001 to the Smart hub. It was in no hub mode earlier when I installed first, 2mos ago. 

Coming to Motion detection I am disappointed at Pro 3 compared to Video doorbell. The motion detection does not hv options like AVD does (1) person (2) vehicles (3) animals (4) Other motion etc. It keeps going off when tree leaves move (tried sensitivity to 10 still) and this location is good on tree where it covers my entire front of the house. The funny part tree leaves are not in Activity Zone. Still keeps shooting notifications. I am afraid this will consume more battery and I need to recharge more often now. In the night spotlight goes ON. Its disaster to pick this location on a tree. Only solution now cut the tree leaves and/or branches.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rajachilla,

Arlo Pro 3 does have Smart Push Notifications like your Arlo Video Doorbell. You can find the settings for these by logging in to your Arlo mobile app and navigating to Settings > Smart Notifications > select your camera > adjust the toggles.

Activity Zones and Smart notifications take place on the cloud, and behave like a filter. Even if motion occurs outside the zone, the camera still detects that motion and has to send that information to the cloud to determine whether or not it should be filtered. If your camera is positioned in a location where unwanted movement is triggering it, you may want to consider relocating the camera to preserve battery life.

JamesC

rajachilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James. Settings-> Smart Notifications (under Arlo Smart) I could you use the settings to fit my need.

Zone activity though filtered in cloud should not be sent to Smartphone in my case. That's my take and for most part it works. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation