Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo3 Wifi Range Help

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ShannonW91
Follower
Follower

I am looking at purchasing the Arlo Pro3 3 camera setup, the doorbell and the floodlight camera.  My concern is the wifi range. My house is quite large and we want some camera's in the back yard also.  We have a wifi extender in the middle of the house but the actual router where the ethernet cable will be plugged into will be in the garage at the very front corner of the house. 

Does anyone know how the camera's do with this?  Would I need to be looking at buying extra equipment for the backyard cameras to be able to connect? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

If your wifi extender has an ethernet port you can us that for the base or get one. You could also add another Hub/base to expand.  The Pro 3  floodlight and depending on model doorbell can connect directly to wifi now. Also the Pro4 and Essential series can. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

If your wifi extender has an ethernet port you can us that for the base or get one. You could also add another Hub/base to expand.  The Pro 3  floodlight and depending on model doorbell can connect directly to wifi now. Also the Pro4 and Essential series can. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation