Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Nov 30th, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Arlo Pro 3 Mode and Internet Questions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Highlighted
Follower
Follower

I am just about ready to purchase a 2 camera system.

Just a couple questions.

I am really only concerned with detection and recording when I am not at home.  When home I really do not need active cameras.  However, I am in and out on a random schedule.

From my review of the users manual it looks like I can enable the cameras from the app very easily before I leave the house.  Open the app and enable both cameras.  Is it that easy?  Also looks like the Geofencing option can turn them off when I return.  Adds another step since I also arm my security system when I leave.

Thinking about this, would not want the cameras to trigger as I pull out of the driveway so may have to enable after getting out of detection range.  Would be great if you could set an enable delay? Or does it?

Next, I really do like the idea of a USB drive in the Hub.  So, will I get recordings on the USB device should my internet connection go out?  Seems I should because that is a dedicated WiFi conenction.  I do know I will not get an alert on my phone, but in the event of a break in with internet out, I will have a recording from the Arlo cameras.  My alarm system uses a dedicated cell system and does not depend on the internet.

OK, would appreciate any corrections or clarifications.

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like geofencing would be your best solution with the Home setting being DIsarmed and Away using the Armed mode (or a custom one if you want).

Local recordings will always be recorded regardless of Internet connection. Generally, it's more important that power remain on so use a UPS for your modem, router and hub. At least in my experience, Internet access is more reliable than power just as telephone (not cell) is as long as a tree didn't take out all the wiring.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation