Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
UK_Wildcats
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro system with two cameras with 4 spare batteries and battery charger that I purchased 3 years ago.  I have one camera hard wired and one that is still on batteries due to location.  I rotate the batteries for the one camera and use the Arlo battery charger.  Over the years, the batteries lasted from 2-4 days to now less than an hour.   

For this reason it is time to upgrade.  I am currently having to use continuous and flood lighting to cover the camera areas. The floodlight cameras are the idea upgrade.  The batteries are now useless, so I have one camera that is down.  I need to replace the camera.  I don't want to invest any more money in the existing Arlo Pro system.  

I don't need an exact date, but will the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight cameras be released within the next 2 weeks?   If not, I will have to look at other solutions.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't heard an exact date but it won't be in the next 2 weeks.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Indeed. One clue would be to check the main sellers in your market.

Most usually list new Arlo kit with a release date. Sometimes they even jump the gun and send stuff out before it is officially unleashed on the world.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DumptruckDrifte
Aspirant
Aspirant
In my opinion, you should purchase new batteries. It says somthing like a one year battery life somewhere. You also state a problem pertaining to battery life being less than 2 days, after having this system for a decent amount of time if I recall. Dont get me wrong, I'm totally about to preorder my Floodlight, it's just the right addition, but I have a newer Pro 2 base, and I'm not sure if you said you have the original Pro wireless system, which wouldn't allow a connection to the Pro 3 Floodlight, from what I gather. You should get the batteries. Look at the compatibility of each product with either base as well.
DumptruckDrifte
Aspirant
Aspirant
Estimated ship date of a preorder is May 11th 2020 😉
BruceYellowbird
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm interested if there is best practices for wiring the Floodlight permanently to electrical source.  My understanding is that the Floodlight will have a wired solution - a plug.  But for outdoor use how best to "hardwire" the camera into an electrical source.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@BruceYellowbird wrote:

But for outdoor use how best to "hardwire" the camera into an electrical source.

Unless Arlo decides on yet another redesign, not unknown, the Floodlight will use the same sort of external power that it sells for outdoor use with the Ultra and Pro 3 cameras.

After all, the video preview I have seen describes it as "The Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera".

Not so much "plug in" as magnetic.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
sacornel
Apprentice
Apprentice

I got mine at Home Depot yesterday the 11th. I found only 1 in all of Southern California. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation