Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

PRO 3 battery problems

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Brunooke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought the PRO 3 camera's package of 4, setting up is a piece of cake... but the battery's are a disaster! For example the camera I put on my front door is not getting 48 hours and is completely empty, yes he records in the day allot, because it is in front of a shop, but less than 48 hours? 

Also the inside camera's are getting max 4 days and recording allot less.. 😞 

Getting up on a lader every 1,5 day is ridiculous! Al help is more than welcome, I have seen some tips here that I will try out, but for sure they are not going to give me battery life more than a month I am afraid 😞 what is the meaning of having a WIFI camera on battery's that you need to charge every day? Don't let them record ... hu that is why I buy camera's.  Thanks in advance for all tips and help.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The battery expected life is base on a spec of about 5 mins per day recording...

Since you basically have it running all the time it is no wonder it's draining fast.

Your only solution is to get an ac adapter for the camera and power it all the time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Brunooke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

Little strange that it is only calculated to record 5 min a day 😞 Nowhere that is communicated when you buy them. 

I have 1 camera hanging outside, really difficult to get it powered, you think it can survive on the solar panel they sell for the camera? 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Brunooke wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Little strange that it is only calculated to record 5 min a day 😞 Nowhere that is communicated when you buy them. 

Yes. It is buried in the documentation. Not at all obvious. I got caught there too.

Unfortunately, the boxes the stiff comes in aren't big enough to include all the details, but common sense should warn buyers that something that is working all day will run out of juice.

As @TomMac says, permanent power is the way to go. Not just for the time it is on line but because it also delivers features that do not work on battery.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to the Solar panel.... No, Under high use like you described it will NOT keep it powered

Morse is faster than texting!
Kevi1n
Aspirant
Aspirant

The battery will no longer charge to full capacity and Surface Pro 3 no longer works on battery power. Obviously, this fix is good news.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation