Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Ideas for Innovation

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
diehlwithit20
Follower
Follower
Hello all! So I know I'm not alone in being excited for the upcoming Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera, but being the tech nerd and cloud gazer I am I have a couple of ideas I want to run by the community. 1. The new product being released soon will be a totally different camera entity that just happens to have an Arlo pro 3 specs built with a floodlight, making a trade in for customers who already own Pro 3 cameras would be amazing and those customers would just pay the difference for shipping the old product back and receiving the new product, as well as, the difference in price between the two independent units.

2. Probably a better idea that is associated with concept 1, the Floodlight should be an attachment that can be purchased separately to an Arlo pro 3 or Arlo ultra cameras in case customers want to have further integration in the Arlo system but don't want to replace their 4k ultra cameras with 2k pro 3 cameras just to receive a floodlight. My main idea around this concept is that Arlo's product development team should build a floodlight chassis that essentially is the outer shell of a Pro 3 or Ultra camera but with the floodlight on the front. In other words, whenever I go to swap my batteries in my Arlo cameras I don't unscrew them from the mounts they're attached to, I just pop out the front of the camera with the battery attached by pushing on the front of the camera. So imagine taking that piece and just popping it into another chassis that has the floodlight. I don't know, it sounds like a great idea to me.

Let me know what you all think! Thank you for your time and have a nice day!
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@diehlwithit20 wrote:

2. Probably a better idea that is associated with concept 1, the Floodlight should be an attachment that can be purchased separately 

Arlo already sells a stand-alone security light.  It's not as bright as the new floodlight camera though (400 lumens,  compared to 2000 lumens in the floodlight camera when on battery power), and it does require the Arlo bridge to use.  Still it is bright enough to be useful - I have mine in my garage, and it does illuminate the space well (significantly better than the spotlight built into the Pro3 and Ultra).

I agree that there would be value in a standalone floodlight at with the same brightness as the camera (and ideally it wouldn't need the Arlo bridge). 

Of course you would need to be able to trigger it when a camera detects motion (and ideally be able to trigger a camera when when the floodlight detects motion).  That includes the video doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation