Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MarkBrannigan
Follower
Follower

I have the Arlo Pro 3 and looking to add additional cameras.  I want to know:

1. How many camera’s does the system support?

2. What are the details for the supported camera’s? (What features do you have)

3. If the internet goes down, but the hub and router still work, will the cameras still work locally?

I’m looking for documentation on these issues and have looked through the owner’s Manuel, Arlo’s website, contacted support and was directed to call tech support. I called tech support and was told they would forward my request to tech support and they will send me an article. Not sure why this is so difficult?

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) The system can handle at least 15 cameras on one hub/base but only 5 can stream at a time. You can have multiple hubs/bases to help out. The subscriptions are more of the limiting factor.

2) Check the product pages here or on arlo.com. You can compare easily.

3) The hub/base will still record locally (assuming you have a hub/base that supports local recording and you have configured it to do so). I believe that you wouldn't be able to see the videos without ejecting the drive and viewing on a computer but I'm not 100% of whether Internet access is needed. The interaction of needing the cloud to access local recordings isn't totally clear to me.

Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary
The Smarthub base station that comes with the Pro 3 and Ultra cameras allows for local recording. It also has the ability to lwt you playback the recordings without ejecting the local storage through the mobile app. The older basestations with the Pro 2 and below require you to eject the storage and insert it into a computer.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation