Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 - Disappointed after purchase

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CC64
Follower
Follower

I purchased a single Pro 3 which is compatible with my VMB4000 base station. After the 30 day trial period ended, it was disappointing to learn that without purchasing a cloud plan, I was unable to have more than a few moments to view on the app what was happening at my front door. I was stupid I suppose that I failed to ask if the Pro 3 would allow the same review of Arlo app Library as my Pro 2. Granted the legacy Pro 2 receives 7 days of free cloud storage. What I would suggest to Arlo management is to reconsider their plan costs. Even Apple has a 50 GB plan for $.99/month. Even better, allow a 24 hour storage for free. At least you would provide enough time to view what is happening. And using local storage via USB is worthless when you are away from home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CC64,

Yes. After your free trial to Arlo Smart expires, to continue enjoying those same benefits, you must select an Arlo Smart subscription. There are many benefits to subscribing to Arlo Smart beyond allowing cloud storage. For more information, take a look here: What is Arlo Smart and how can I benefit from it?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CC64,

Yes. After your free trial to Arlo Smart expires, to continue enjoying those same benefits, you must select an Arlo Smart subscription. There are many benefits to subscribing to Arlo Smart beyond allowing cloud storage. For more information, take a look here: What is Arlo Smart and how can I benefit from it?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation