Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 - Cannot remove from case to change battery.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Joe737
Aspirant
Aspirant

First off, I spent a half-hour reading the "solutions" to solve this problem.  None of them worked.

When I press the button to remove the camera from the case, the camera does not move as it used to.

This appears to be a design problem.   That said is there a solution that actually works or do I have to purchase a replacement camera?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joe737
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found the solution to remove a stuck camera in its case.

Use a microfiber cloth so you have a good grip.  Scrunch it into a ball.  Hold the camera face down about 2 inches from your mattress.  Press and hold the camera's release button.

Whack the back of the camera case with the scrunched microfiber cloth until the camera is dislodged from the case and enjoy success!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Joe737
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found the solution to remove a stuck camera in its case.

Use a microfiber cloth so you have a good grip.  Scrunch it into a ball.  Hold the camera face down about 2 inches from your mattress.  Press and hold the camera's release button.

Whack the back of the camera case with the scrunched microfiber cloth until the camera is dislodged from the case and enjoy success!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Best to get some silicone grease and apply it to the O-ring.

Joe737
Aspirant
Aspirant

By the O-ring are you referring to the release button?

When I press the release button I can clearly hear the click that releases the camera from the case.  The camera pops out a tiny bit.  However, it is not enough to get a grip to remove it from the case.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joe737 wrote:

By the O-ring are you referring to the release button?

No.  I've marked it on the photo below:

o-ring.png

A hard-to-remove housing is usually caused by the O-ring sticking to the shell.  Lubricating it with some silcone grease will resolve that (and also further protects the electronics from moisture).

You don't need much, you can get a 0.5-fl oz tube fror $3-4 USD from most local hardware stores.

Joe737
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip and the picture.  That sure is better than whacking the back of the camera case.

Joe737
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ping StephenB - Just a follow up to let you know that the silicone grease works perfectly as you mentioned.  I used Danco silicone grease 88693 that comes in a 0.5 ounce tube.  I did not remove the O-ring to apply a tiny amount of  silicone grease since I was not sure how much elasticity the O-ring has at this point in time.

Again, my thanks.

Joe

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joe737 wrote:

Just a follow up to let you know that the silicone grease works perfectly as you mentioned. 

Great!  Thx for following up.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation