Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 - 2 camera kit, issue with motion triggering during live view

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pineappleguy16
Tutor
Tutor
I am having an issue with only 1 out of the 2 cameras in the kit. Whenever I go to live view for 1 of the cameras, it triggers motion and recording as well as an alert until I stop the live view.

I exchanged this at the store for another kit, setup the new one and the same issue happens.

It doesn't appear that it is a hardware issue, seems more like a firmware issue. I also have the video doorbell linked to the smart hub.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pineappleguy16,

Are you sure this is happening due to initiating live view? Is there any movement in front of the camera that could be causing the trigger?

What happens if you disarm the camera and then initiate live view?

JamesC

pineappleguy16
Tutor
Tutor
Yes this only happens when i start live view. There is no motion at all, I set it facing a wall and put it inside a drawer, motion triggers when activating live view. It also sends a notification for motion.

I exchanged it for a 3rd kit and this one seems to work fine.

Only thing I didn't do on this new kit is enable 2K live viewing. I noticed that on the previous kit that I returned, when I access live view remotely, it doesn't trigger the motion, only when I access live view at home on the same network while having 2K live viewing enabled.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation