Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 videos not available in Library

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gnap
Follower
Follower

I have two sets of Arlo cameras. A set of Arlo Pro and newer set of Arlo Pro 3. Everything was working fine until about a week ago when I can no longer see my videos from the Arlo Pro 3 cameras in my library. I get the notifications on my phone and can see that there was a new video under the devices tab. The Arlo Pro set still works fine.  I went ahead checked all firmware's and restarted everything. Everything is good on that side. So I connected one of the Arlo Pro cameras to the Arlo Pro 3 base station and it works perfectly. I then connected one of the original Arlo Pro 3 cameras to the Arlo Pro base station and I have nothing.  So it seems that there is an issue with the Arlo Pro 3 cameras themselves? 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2, including the Pro 3, requires a subscription for cloud recordings. It would seem that your trial sub ran out so you'd either have to pay to subscribe or use local storage on your existing base. Depending on the base, you may have to safely eject the drive to view on a computer. Since you have a Pro 2 system, I suspect you have either a VMB4000 or VMB4500 base, which would require that process to view recordings. Upgrading to a VMB4540 or VMB5000 would allow you to use the app to see the videos without ejecting the drive.

Or subscribe your Pro 3 cameras so cloud recordings work.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation