Arlo Geofencing and away from home notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bripenny
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need some assistance please.  I find the online chat support useless.

I have an Arlo Pro 3, 4 camera system installed at home.   3 of the cameras are indoors and 1 camera outside the front door.   I have set up Arlo Geo fencing so we are not getting motion alarms on our mobile phones every couple of minutes while we are at home. 

When we all leave home most times, we get an Arlo is in away mode message on our mobile phones when we are a certain distance away from home and we get an Arlo is in Home Mode when we are a certain distance from home. 

There are times we either get no Arlo Away from Home message on either of our mobile phones and sometimes only on 1 mobile phone.

Can you please let me know how to rectify this problem?

Yours Sincerely,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bripenny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James C, 

I found the cause of the problem.  In the Arlo app in Geo fencing I found my address had changed to a USA address.  This must have occurred with the last Arlo app update.  I changed the address back to my address and Arlo notifications for Arlo in away from Home and Arlo in Home mode worked fine yesterday.

Yours sincerely

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bripenny,

To receive push notifications, the app needs to be open and signed in on the mobile device. Is each device signed in using it's own Grant Access account? 

JamesC

bripenny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James C, Thank you for the information. I checked and confirmed both mobile phones were logged in today.  Still no Arlo in away mode notification after we left home today or Arlo In Home mode notification when we were back home. This is quite annoying as I am now not sure if Arlo is arming when we are away from home. Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bripenny,

Have you checked within the app to see if your cameras are in the correct state? Is it just the missing notification or are they actually not arming?

JamesC

bripenny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James C, 

I found the cause of the problem.  In the Arlo app in Geo fencing I found my address had changed to a USA address.  This must have occurred with the last Arlo app update.  I changed the address back to my address and Arlo notifications for Arlo in away from Home and Arlo in Home mode worked fine yesterday.

Yours sincerely

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation