Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Floodlight - Unable to sync

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
10TrillionUSDT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unable to sync Arlo Pro 3 Camera  Floodlight with the APP. I have followed the steps,  i hear the chime when scanning the QR code but, it does not connect.. arlo manually searching for device comes up empty as well.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@10TrillionUSDT wrote:

Unable to sync Arlo Pro 3 Camera  Floodlight with the APP. I have followed the steps,  i hear the chime when scanning the QR code but, it does not connect.. arlo manually searching for device comes up empty as well.

Two things you can try:

• disable 5 ghz wifi in your router if you can.
  • try to onboard from a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com).  Ideally connect the PC to the network with ethernet.
10TrillionUSDT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Stephen I’ve already done that yesterday attempting to connect via computer browser. I’ve just charged the battery over night. I’d try it again. Thank you.
10TrillionUSDT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to add, I tried connecting the device using my PC still did not work, also created a separate 2.4ghz wifi network, connected my phone, PC to that network still no luck. I hear the chime all the time, i am not sure if when i hear the chime if the app is supposed to automatically connect. But, when i hear the chime it my phone stays on the QR code screen, same as the computer.. then when i hit  "Continue" it searches until it comes up with no device is found.

might need to return this device.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@10TrillionUSDT wrote:

I hear the chime all the time, i am not sure if when i hear the chime if the app is supposed to automatically connect.

I believe the chime just means that the camera was able to scan the QR code. You can check your router's attached device list, and see if the camera shows up there.

The network does need to be secured with WPA2 (AES).  Guest networks might not work - often they isolate devices from one another, and that prevents the app from finding the camera after it connects to the wifi.  Similarly, if you use an Eero router, you likely will need to disable its "Advanced Security" setting.

If you are using punctuation in the network name or password, you might try removing it.  There are apparently some characters that won't work, but Arlo hasn't ever said what they are.

10TrillionUSDT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks again.

I have attached the Arlo Essential camera using this same Wi-Fi and password before. So, I’m not sure what’ the difference is with the Floodlight.

I do see it on my Wi-Fi list. Just not sure what issue is.

Again, I do have an “@“ letter as part of my password. But, again I’ve attached another Arlo device before.

Thanks for ur help again.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

10TrillionUSDT,

You might try factory resetting the camera using the following instructions: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

After the reset is complete, attempt onboarding again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

10TrillionUSDT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello James,

Thanks for responding. I haven’t been able to add the device. I bought it and never been able to add it.

I’ll return it.

Thanks
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation