Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Deleted my Cloud Videos Upon Free Trial Renewal

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bobby55
Tutor
Tutor

I have mostly Arlo Pro2 cameras and have used the Basic free plan, and then bought a Pro3.  This came with a free trial, which I planned on renewing today as it expires today.  But, I woke up and Arlo erased ALL of my videos, even those from the Pro2, including the last 7 days, which should be free under the Basic Plan, particularly for the Pro2 cameras.  I found this rather spiteful (might not be their intent but a major oversight at the very least), and found myself regretting buying the Pro3. 

It also seems to be a downgrade in that night vision is grainy, and it's a nightmare to recharge the batteries (you have to unscrew the whole camera off the mount to recharge the battery unless you buy a $70 recharging station and another $50 extra battery).  This is because the chasis that slides out can't be connected to the charger; the whole camera must be plugged in.  I have an extra battery for the Pro2 so this isn't an issue but they changed the battery type in the Pro3 and I don't want to have to buy another $50 battery. 

This makes me want to return the Pro3 and just stick with the Pro2, and maybe get another brand for the remaining cameras I want to get.  I have contacted support but so far have no response.  I'd like to make it work and get the rest of my cameras but Arlo's inconsistency is unnerving.  Also, it appears the Pro3 will not record at all with the free Basic plan, but Pro2 will.  This has me researching which other brand to go to, which is unfortunate.  I want Arlo to be successful but something with this company's culture is shifting away from the prior pro-consumer attitudes.  I get they "have to make money" and I want to purchase the upgraded plan to use more than 5 cameras, but until they restore my videos I won't out of principle and a bit of fear.

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

As you said "it appears" yes the Pro 3 need a sub to record at all to the cloud. Your Pro2 and older will still have the basic 7 day storage. 

As for the Battery it is more expensive for a second battery but It is simpler then bringing the whole cam back in to recharge. 

When my trial ran out it auto renewed and never lost anything. I had a CC on file so not sure if that made a difference. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation