Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station replacement

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FLSII
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to replace a legacy, first gen Arlo system. I cannot get the VMB4540 base station to be discovered. I have tried with both base stations active, I have tried with ONLY the new one connected trying to "add device" and selecting base station. I have also tried every combination of cable attach, internet modem reset, factory reset and even yelling at it. The base station has blue light so is connected to internet.

Do I have to completely DELETE/REMOVE the current base station and cameras and start from scratch? Like everything is much new? Figured I would ask before going through the pain.

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

There is no limitations to the number of Base stations on an account. They should all play nicely together.

When adding a device you need to ensure that the app has connection to the local network to find the device. I.e. mobile connecting to the local router modem wifi or a pc web browser connected to the same network login my.arlo.com.

If you remove the old base you will have the same problem adding it back and end up with a brick.

If the new base is second hand it might be locked to the previous owners account and preventing you from adding it.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation