Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pavest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have a Arlo Pro 3s with no subscription, but connected to a SmartHub. 

It does not record any more, with the message: "AC power been disconnected.....Activity zones are currently disabled." 

Understand AC needed, but I have connected to Solar Panel Charger (VMA5600), the battery is constantly between 90-100%. 

Can activity zones be activated with the solar? If not, how can I set cont recording? Have a large USB on the Hub. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@pavest wrote:

Thank you for swift reply.

How do I record to the Hub, without AC power and without subscription ?  (I have set the camera to local storage). There is probably a setting I missed here.

Thanks

Patric 

The recording to hub setting is under the settings then my device then hub settings.

You can read this link and FAQ in this forum. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Without a subscription, there will be no cloud recordings, only local on your USB drive. Activity zones can't be set using a solar panel without a subscription (AC power would allow them). What do you mean by "set cont recording"? Continuous? That would require AC power and a CVR subscription.

pavest
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for info.
I conclude there are no way to record to the Hub without constant AC power? Also means that the solar panels are useless without subscription? Is that correct?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope.You can record to the hub at any time as long as you've set up local storage. You CAN'T record continuously to the hub at any time, just to the cloud with AC power and a CVR subscription. The solar panels are just trickle chargers to keep the battery topped off and have nothing to do with any subscription.

pavest
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I record to the Hub, without AC power and without subscription ?  (I have set the camera to local storage). There is probably a setting I missed here.

Thanks

Patric 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@pavest wrote:

Thanks

Patric 

The recording to hub setting is under the settings then my device then hub settings.

You can read this link and FAQ in this forum. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

solar panel have nothing to do with arlo's subscription.  You'll need internet service and subscription to store footage in the cloud as well as take advantage of some of their features.  If you want to store locally you'll need a usb drive connected to the base station.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation