Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 3 ac power disconncted

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Terry48
Follower
Follower

I have had this system just over 3 months. Love it so far. Now just because I have not subscribed to the service. I need to have ac to the cameras.  That is totally wrong. I have had no problems to this point. I can only assume it is a software switch just to get me to subscribe. What good is the solar panels then. I get the run around for your tech rep that the panel extends the life of the battery.  I now need to attach ac power cord when the panel has been working just fine. Doesn't it also charge the battery. As I said. It has been doing fine till the free time ran out. You are forcing people to subscribe to get rid of the ac power message.

Yes I am frustrated and disappointed. Still like system. Now it is the principal of it all and totally wrong.  

With the pressure from my wife. I will have to sign up and you will have won and will get the last laugh. 

1 REPLY 1
dcfox1
Master
Master

You would need a Smart subscription if you want to have cloud library recording. For Activity Zones you do need a Sub if not connected to AC power as the camera would do that but without AC it needs to go to the server to process. The Solar Panel is a Trickle charger not AC power. 

You could do local Hub recordings but a sub with cloud recordings ins simpler.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation