Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 3 Pro - I can view my cameras on my iphone: however I get an Adobe Flash update error

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
adobeflash
Follower
Follower

The Arlo Pro 3 system works GREAT  on my iPhone; however, it does NOT  work at my.arlo.com. I can login to the web site and can see the cameras: however, if I try to click on a camera, I get a FRUSTRATING  message stating that I need to UPDATE  the ADOBE FLASH  PLAYER. Well, my friends, you can update flash player until you turn  blue-in-the -face, and it still doesn't stop the stupid message from popping up.

Some kind of way, I think Arlo gave me a tech support number of a bunch of charlatans. I remained on the phone over 4 hours with these clowns. They took control of my computer and were able to correct the problem, temporarily...Subsequently, when I got off the phone, the problem was back. I tried other browsers ( Opera, Firefox, etc.,) and the result was the same!                            H E L P!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you use Fire Fox, as you go to Live view, a 'Lego" type icon appears on the left of address bar.

Click on this and all will work.

This is due to the browsers turning off Flash unless it is manually turn on... this will change by next year when flash will no longer be supported ( prob  to html5 )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@adobeflash wrote:

The Arlo Pro 3 system works GREAT  on my iPhone; however, it does NOT  work at my.arlo.com. I can login to the web site and can see the cameras: however, if I try to click on a camera, I get a FRUSTRATING  message stating that I need to UPDATE  the ADOBE FLASH  PLAYER. Well, my friends, you can update flash player until you turn  blue-in-the -face, and it still doesn't stop the stupid message from popping up.

This is an almost daily query, so there is plenty of past knowledge on the archive.

Search Results – adobe flash

Search Results – adobe flash firefox

Solved: Re: Flash Player and Arlo Go Video at the Cloud? - Arlo Communities

Cannot view Live Feeds - Flash problem AGAIN! - Arlo Communities

@adobeflash wrote:

Some kind of way, I think Arlo gave me a tech support number of a bunch of charlatans. I remained on the phone over 4 hours with these clowns. They took control of my computer and were able to correct the problem, temporarily...Subsequently, when I got off the phone, the problem was back. I tried other browsers ( Opera, Firefox, etc.,) and the result was the same!                          

I do hope that you did not call a support number you found in a web search. It is almost certainly not Arlo. 

Anyone can buy a listing on Google. Most of those sites are scam merchants who want your credit card details. Allowing them access to your computer is seriously dangerous.

Ten minutes here would have been quicker and safer.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
fishferbrains
Star
Star

This is due to the browsers turning off Flash unless it is manually turn on... this will change by next year when flash will no longer be supported ( prob  to html5 )

Respectfully:

1. This is not a browser problem it's an ARLO problem that's continuing to use a deprecated and exploitable video player which is why browsers try to limit it as much as possible.  There are fewer than 2% of global websites still using Flash, but Arlo continues to drag their feet.  HTML5 isn't hard, Arlo just feels like it's not important right now.
  2. 'Lego' workarounds are *not* permanent, so imagine someone like me trying to explain to my 81yr old mother how to again view her cameras on her laptop (she doesn't own a smartphone).  "You said Arlo was good, but if I can't see anything it's sh*t to me" was our last conversation. 
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fishferbrains wrote:

This is due to the browsers turning off Flash unless it is manually turn on... this will change by next year when flash will no longer be supported ( prob  to html5 )...

Of course.  FWIW, Arlo has announced that they will switch to html5 before flash is removed from the browsers.

Everyone here will be happy when they do that - hopefully sooner rather than later.

fishferbrains
Star
Star

"Everyone here will be happy when they do that - hopefully sooner rather than later."

I'm over $1200 into Arlo Pro/Pro2 cams and accessories and my mother over $700.  You know what makes me happy?  The fact that Wyze just released their "Complete Motion Capture" cloud service available for $1.49/month and selectable per camera (not an all or nothing thing).  It's planned a web app that doesn't use Flash, the cameras are dirt cheap and their customer service is fantastic.

Arlo I wanted this level of service and customer focus from you for years.

GairBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please Arlo, switch to HTML5 sooner then later.  The world has known since 2017 that End of Life for Adobe Flash Player was going to be 2020.  Why drag your feet?  You are supposed to be a premiere company with superior product and support.   Be the leader.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation