Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
kmunier
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have many arlo cameras. Love them. So I bought Arlo 3- 6 cameras for over $1,000. Couldn't wait to set them up and even added a couple solar panels.

While reviewing the video library I get this message - This video is not able to play in your browser.
Please download to view. 

Why? None of my other cameras have a problem. It happens with firefox

I also get a short videos of green and garbled. Why?

They've been a hassle and I almost want to return them.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kmunier wrote:

While reviewing the video library I get this message - This video is not able to play in your browser.
Please download to view. 

I am thinking you must be seeing this with Pro-3 or Ultra cameras recording at 2K or 4K.  Is that correct?

If so, there are two issues:

1. The videos are recorded using HEVC video, and all browsers require hardware support in the PC to play them.
  2. Even if you have HEVC hardware, Firefox and Chrome often won't play them. 

So you might try Edge - at least the old Edge will play them on my PC.  Not sure about the new one, which is based on Chrome open source.

Mikey94025
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm also using Edge on my PC to stream the 2K videos from my Arlo 3 cameras.  Edge runs the Flash plugin required to play the HEVC videos within Arlo's website.

I also downloaded the latest stable Edge running Chromium to see if it still works.  Unfortunately Flash is disabled by default and enabling Flash for the Arlo URL resets between browser restarts, so you have to explicitly re-enable each time.  But it will then stream the 2K videos like the older Edge version.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mikey94025 wrote:

I also downloaded the latest stable Edge running Chromium to see if it still works.  Unfortunately Flash is disabled by default and enabling Flash for the Arlo URL resets between browser restarts, so you have to explicitly re-enable each time.  But it will then stream the 2K videos like the older Edge version.

Thanks for following up on that point 😀

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation