Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Surfstud
Aspirant
Aspirant
What is the difference between 2 and 3 should I make the upgrade from Arlo 2? Is the night vision better?
6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Surfstud wrote:
What is the difference between 2 and 3 should I make the upgrade from Arlo 2? Is the night vision better?

Pro 2 and Pro 3?

Pro 3 does not have free seven-day cloud storage.

The Data Sheets for these products in the document library can answer your questions about technical differences. Find them here:

Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Surfstud wrote:
What is the difference between 2 and 3 should I make the upgrade from Arlo 2? 

The biggest differences are

• The Pro3 is 2K (the Pro2 is 1080p)
  • The Pro3 has a spotlight, so it can capture color recordings at night
  • The Pro3 requires a subscription for cloud storage

@Surfstud wrote:
Is the night vision better?

I don't think so, though others might have different opinions on that.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I'm curious to hear reviews on the night vision as well. The difference in night vision between the Pro2 and the Ultra was HUGE, but the Ultra had so many other issues (worse signal strength, worse motion detection) that I ended up returning them and going back to my Pro2s. I'm curious if the Pro3 is a significant difference from the Pro2 or just an upgraded name to get people to buy new product.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi I'm thinking of upgrading from pro 2 to pro 3 also, has anyone taken the plunge yet?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

See above. And read numerous messages here over recent months along the same lines.

Do you have any particular questions?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Mainly I suppose is the video quality upgrade noticeable and also the quality on zooming?
Thanks
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation