Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App won’t sync with base station.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pokerchip88
Follower
Follower

App won’t sync with base station. After hour and a half on phone and one dropped call with tech service, problem still not resolved. Was told to contact router manufacturer and determine if my LAN ports are open. Huh??? Just purchased the pro 3 and went through all of the usual troubleshooting issues. This system is crap. Not at all happy. Will be returning this product and researching other products. Extremely disappointed.

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@pokerchip88 wrote:

What does that mean? What are you doing and where does it go wrong? Which app?

In general, the app does not "sync with base station". The app is there to connect you to my.arlo.

Troubleshooting could be quicker done here. We are just fellow users, but with a lot of experience.  Truly unique and new issues are rare.

It does, though, require some clear details of what is happening at your end.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pokerchip88 wrote:

This is on the initial install?  

If so, I suggest trying to add the base using https://my.arlo.com instead.

@pokerchip88 wrote:
Was told to contact router manufacturer and determine if my LAN ports are open. Huh??? 

It's almost never that.  But if the techs couldn't figure out what was happening, then maybe that was the last option they could think of.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

But if the techs couldn't figure out what was happening, then maybe that was the last option they could think of.

It is known as "pass the buck" syndrome.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

But if the techs couldn't figure out what was happening, then maybe that was the last option they could think of.

It is known as "pass the buck" syndrome.

Yes, it could be that. 

FWIW,  sometimes there are router settings that do get in the way.  DNS over TLS (DoT) and DNS over HTTPs (DoH) have caused problems with Arlo not that long ago (and maybe still do). Someone more recently ran into problems when they activated an internet security package in their router that was filtering DNS.

I've heard from others here that sometimes port 80, 443, and 123 were blocked in the router - but given what those ports do, it's very unlikely that anyone would want a router that actually blocked port 80 (http) and 443 (https), unless it included a web proxy of some kind.  Web browsing just wouldn't work at all.  Port 123 is for NTP (time sync) - blocking that one is less disruptive, but still is surprising.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation