Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dmw13
Follower
Follower

I bought 4 Arlo camera's a few years back because Arlo didn't require a subscription nor did I have to wire anything.  I purchased a memory stick for the camera's to record on.  I did not use their cloud.   I have never used any of their services because I didn't want to pay any fees,   On July 20th 2024, they shut my camera's off and told me they can turn them back on if I pay a monthly ransom fee (they call is a subscription).   I feel like this is a bait and switch.   I purchased their equipment only, I paid for the equipment, now they tell me I can't use my own equipment unless I pay them a monthly ransom.   This feels very illegal, since I had paid for all of the equipment and now they want a fee.  Fee for what, I wasn't using any of their services????        I filed this complaint with the BBB.  

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dmw13 wrote:

On July 20th 2024, they shut my camera's off and told me they can turn them back on if I pay a monthly ransom fee (they call is a subscription).  .  

This sounds like you reached a scam support site.  How did you contact Arlo? 

JANETJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought my Arlo Pro 3 cameras in 2020. I’ve had some trouble periodically but I finally gave and in starting paying the $12.99/mo thinking that would help. Nope! 
Is Arlo shutting down my cameras because they are old …. If so why don’t they contact me and tell me? I’m so tired of wasting my time repeatedly getting them reset. It’s been 3days and I can’t get them up and running. Very frustrating! Any ideas anyone?

Arlo are you listening?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JANETJ wrote:

I bought my Arlo Pro 3 cameras in 2020. I’ve had some trouble periodically

What problems are you having?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation