Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CW_Pro3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently when I try to view my camera activity on my phone on home wifi, I have been getting the message, "You are not connected to the Internet. Please check your connection." There is nothing wrong with my connection, which has been verified by using other apps.
This started occurring after a pushed software update for the phone on Oct 29, 2020. The app worked fine for two months previously.
Phone info:
Samsung Galaxy S9
Android 10
Software version: G960USQU8FTJ3

I have full bars on wifi signal. I have tried hard resets of the phone and router, cleared data and cache on the arlo app, and reinstalled the arlo phone app completely. Steps such as the above sometimes work once,
but later on a 2nd time the app will not connect over wifi. The only way to connect to the arlo app then is to use cellular data. The base seems to be connected fine as the cameras are all online and recording.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CW_Pro3,

Do you see the same behavior when using the web client from a PC? Does this only happen on your mobile device?

JamesC

CW_Pro3
Aspirant
Aspirant
James,
No, the web client works fine on the same wifi. I just tried it, and my mobile device arlo app still says no internet connection. The only way to connect to the arlo app on the mobile device is to restart the phone, and that only works for maybe 24 hrs.

Thanks for your help
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try deleting the arlo app from your phone and then reinstall it.

If this does not fix it reply back with make, model and os of the phone. Then maybe someone might have a better suggestion on what to do,

CW_Pro3
Aspirant
Aspirant
K80,
As mentioned, I've already tried a reinstall of the arlo app on my phone with no luck. Here's the phone information again:
Phone info:
Samsung Galaxy S9
Android 10
Software version: G960USQU8FTJ3
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If no-one has a better suggestion (as much as I hate it) I would go ahead and open a support case. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The open case is the best way to create a solution. This user forum can't help with that.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation