Alro not notifying my phone/ missing movement

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bbraymen1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo for about a month  has not been notifying my phone  of movement.  I've un installed, rebooted.  My internet connection is good. Did updates.  And adjusted my phone. Everything i can think of and its still isn't working.  I've had people show up at my house and it never caught them. I pay for the subscription so I feel like I should rely on it but lately I'm not so sure.  If I can't figure it out I may have to switch to something other than arlo. Any help would be great before I  have to switch  thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bbraymen1 wrote:

My arlo for about a month  has not been notifying my phone  of movement. 

Are you getting recordings, but no notifications?  Or are recordings also missing?

Have you tried the motion detection test?

Bbraymen1
Aspirant
Aspirant

So if I go into the app and go into the library they are there but nothing no notifications were sent. After I do that I will get notification for a bit then it will stop again. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bbraymen1,

To receive notifications the app must be active and logged in. It sounds like your mobile device may be force closing the app after a period of idle time. This is often associated with battery saving settings on the mobile device.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation