Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Security

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sally_999
Aspirant
Aspirant
I feel that ARLO needs to place stricter rules to limit it’s insiders, or whoever else can access it’s customers’ security cameras. Recently, my cameras’ activity zone settings were missing (not available in settings); instead, tiny activity zones were set, which doesn’t take pictures in a distance, and I couldn’t fix it because the activity zone settings were missing on ARLO Pro and ARLO Pro 3. I had ARLO Pro for a couple of years now and have always had Activity Zones available but recently. What’s strange is that the activity zone settings can change, but not what I wanted and can’t do anything about it.
The Face ID security login is used on many different apps successfully, even on CVS app; I can turn it ON and OFF as I wish. But ARLO Face ID is not working, nor does its Fingerprint ID; both are so crucial to the cameras security, because by using these, only the one who owns the cameras can have accesses. Why ARLO can’t make it work? The only reason I could think of is enabling others to login via passwords. This is a serious issue, because customers’ privacy entrusted to ARLO is questionable, may even put their property or person in danger. Tightening up your security procedures please!
An observation, the ARLO Base, as the models advances, becomes smaller and smaller. The Wifi reachable range also becomes smaller. Used to be three bars Wifi receptions with ARLO Pro, becomes two bars with ARLO Pro 3, and become disconnected more often, which becomes a problem.
Appreciate a response from ARLO, and thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sally_999,

Activity Zone availability is a little different depending on which camera model you have. For more information, take a look here: What are activity zones and how do I create them?

Take a look here for instructions on how to set up fingerprint/facial recognition login: How do I log in to the Arlo app using fingerprint or face authentication?

JamesC

Sally_999
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have everything set up correctly, but the Face ID still doesn’t work. My CVS and My Chart apps all work perfectly with Face IDs. A couple of years ago, the Finger ID worked for awhile, then it stopped working.
I think the top 1/3 shadow area of Arlo 3 limits the camera’s capacity to capturing activities in distances. The shadow area is a dead zone - no activities are captured, which much reduced the security feature of the camera. I would like to see the top 1/3 shadow area lifted, so I can see the full length of the camera footage. Having customers positioning the camera higher to get around the shadow area would cause the camera to miss near area activities. Why limit the cameras’ capacity by inserting the top 1/3 shadow dead zone?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

"I think the top 1/3 shadow area of Arlo 3 limits the camera’s capacity to capturing activities in distances."

You may not be aware, but the camera your using detects motion via a PIR device... this on it's own limits the distance it can "see".  As it stands now , the cameras max out at about 25 ft for people.

( tho sometimes farther on vehicle due to reflection of IR only )

So in effect, the upper potion of what the camera sees is really moot to the PIR in a design factor not programed.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation