Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GP71
Follower
Follower
I have the Pro 2 - VMB4000r3 base station and purchased two Pro 3 cameras. I have loved my original base station and cameras, and especially the ability to record locally without the need for online storage.

The Pro 3 cameras will not allow for local recording, while my Pro 2 cameras continue to do everything I need them to do.

What can I do to a get the Pro 3 cameras to function and record locally?
2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
When you added the pro3 cameras, did you add them via the base station or directly to your local wifi?
If the later then the base station will not be able to backup the camera recordings to the USB storage.
If you have the new cameras are on a trial subscription you should get the cloud library recordings until it expires.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GP71 wrote:
I have the Pro 2 - VMB4000r3 base station and purchased two Pro 3 cameras. I have loved my original base station and cameras, and especially the ability to record locally without the need for online storage.

The Pro 3 cameras will not allow for local recording, while my Pro 2 cameras continue to do everything I need them to do.

Many Pro 2 owners assume that the app and the browser are showing them the local recordings on the base USB stick.  However, that is not the case.  The VMB4000 doesn't support direct access to the local recordings - the only way to see local recordings is to eject the storage and connect it to a PC.

What is happening is that the app and browser are getting the recordings stored in the Arlo Cloud.  The Pro 2 cameras came with 7-day free cloud storage.  But the Pro 3 cameras do not come with that - you need to get  a subscription in order to get any cloud storage.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation