Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AN ADDITIONAL $164.00/year to add 3 cameras to my account?????????????

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DDMK18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo Pro3 camera set from Costco to add to the 10 cameras I have had for several years only to discover it is going to cost $164.00/year to add those 3 cameras to my plan, are you serious?????? Do you really think I am going to pay that? Not a chance!!! Cameras are going back and the 6 people I had buy Arlo cameras putting my name on the line will be the first to know, then it's social media time! Sorry Netgear let Arlo go because the "New Arlo" is a joke. Facebook/twitter here I come.

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@DDMK18 wrote:

I just purchased an Arlo Pro3 camera set from Costco to add to the 10 cameras I have had for several years ...

Ten Cameras? Have you looked at the current  subscription plans?

Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

When you add a single-camera subscription to a multi-camera subscription, the price of the single-camera subscription is half off.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DDMK18
Aspirant
Aspirant

My current plan is $99/year for the 10 cameras I already have, to add the 3 I just purchased it will now cost me $264/year under the new plans. Taking these back to Costco and spreading the word.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DDMK18 wrote:

it is going to cost $164.00/year to add those 3 cameras to my plan,

It should be at most ~$54 per year to add three single-camera premier subscriptions to your account (US pricing).  That assumes that your current plan counts as a multi-camera plan here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-... .  Which it should.

But with the new pricing, it is clear that the 10-camera cost is much higher than the $99 you paid before.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation