Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AC Power disconnected

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Quebecker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just noticed that I have a notice when I look at the 2 camera on my Arlo Account that says the AC Power has been disconnected. Huh - why is that. I did some Google searched and unplugged and replugged the power cord and the wifi cord to my Arlo hub. Nothing. I still see this notice. When we saw videos on the trial all worked well for 3 month. I have been paying $14.99 for CVR that does absolutely nothing!!! I have tried customer support and they are worthless!  Today I decided to take a leap and unsubscribe from the CVR and subscribe to Arlo Plus for all cameras. This is what customer support continued to tell me yesterday that I needed to do. Sounds like a scam to me. but we'll see.  anyone have a fix for the supposed AC Power issue in 2022???? 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Quebecker wrote:

I just noticed that I have a notice when I look at the 2 camera on my Arlo Account that says the AC Power has been disconnected. Huh - why is that.

This is not about the hub - if that were not powered, your cameras would not be on line.

Do you have activity zones enabled for one or more of the cameras?   Cloud activity zones are a subscription feature.  But if you don't have a subscription, you can still use activty zones if the cameras are AC powered. But if the cameras are not AC powered, then you will see a message (and activity zones will be disabled).

CVR also needs AC power (and a subscription).

Quebecker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have activity zones enabled on at least two of the cameras. I had previously subscribed for $14.99 a month to CVR but I couldn't ever see anything but happening as it happened. No video or otherwise. I just canceled the CVR subscription this afternoon and am now subscribing to the Arlo Secure subscription. This is a wireless system. The cameras are all battery operated so I am not understanding the sudden "AC Power Disconnected" notice. I checked the hub and unplugged and replugged and the light is blue. I just don't understand. Thanks for any assistance. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Quebecker wrote:

The cameras are all battery operated so I am not understanding the sudden "AC Power Disconnected" notice.  I just don't understand. Thanks for any assistance. 

The cameras are normally battery powered.  But there are a couple of features that require too much power to be practical when only on battery.  Those features requre the camera to be connected to a charger.  Note that the solar panels aren't enough for this.  So they use the phrase "AC Power" to distinguish the normal charger from the solar panel.

These features (not available on all cameras) are:

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation