Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
mermelmadness
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Pro 3 cameras and an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera.

I can set up a 6-point activity zone on the Floodlight camera but the two Pro 3 cameras only give me 4-point activity zones.  How can I get 6-point activity zones on my Pro 3 cameras?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released that resolves this issue. Please recreate your activity zones and you will now be able to utilize 8 point activity zones on Arlo Pro 3.

JamesC

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mermelmadness,

Try using the web client to create your zones. Do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

mermelmadness
Aspirant
Aspirant

Didn't know you could do that.  Awesome, thanks.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Make sure to delete the zone and when you recreate it you should have the 6 point activity zone.

baItaruiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't set it up either, nor on iPad, iPhone or web client (See screenshot for web client, with Zone-1 being created and only 4-points available).

Marketing on YouTube shows the 6-point activity feature and by the points, it seems to be available on iOS devices, but for some reason it doesn't work.

SmartHub

FW 1.16.2.3_594_ccd29a0

Cameras info:

HW version H9

FW 1.060.10.18_749_4b65ff8

Browser

Chrome 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

iOS

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 12.53.29 PM.png

Marmobster
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first purchased the cameras two weeks ago, I could set the custom six point fields. They did not work properly because I did not have them connected to power and was using the battery itself. After searching the forums and figuring out the problem, I bought cables and ran them to all six of my cameras. Now it prompts me to remake the fields and when I go to do so it no longer allows for the custom six point fields. Now it only gives the option for the four point box/rectangles. How can I use the six point fields again to make better zones.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Well that's cleared that up for me then.
Every YouTube video I watched prior to purchasing these cameras always showed the zones you are describing.
Mine have always been plugged in and have only ever had the rectangular boxes and have found no way of changing this I'm afraid.
I just assumed it was an update that changed the to rectangular boxes, didn't realize it was because they was plugged in!
Doug_s1
Aspirant
Aspirant

recently have the same issue only 1 of my 4 cameras is plugged in currently and 6 point zones are now gone randomly

EvanEscent
Guide
Guide

Per JamesC's directions, using web-based client access, I deleted my 4-point activity zones and created new ones. However, the new zones are still 4-point zones, not 6-point. Can anyone please provide a solution?

Thank you,

EE

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm thinking they were done away with on one of the updates. My browser updated and I had to reset mine but now they are the 4 point zones.

Seems like a lot of give and take with Arlo pro 3's. I for one wish I had never purchased them but I did so I guess I have to learn to live with them.

EvanEscent
Guide
Guide

According to this knowledge base information, I should be able to create 8-point activity zones for my Arlo Pro 3:

https://kb.arlo.com/1001908/What-are-activity-zones-and-how-do-I-create-them

"You can create up to three zones for each compatible Arlo camera. With Arlo Ultra and Pro 3 (or newer), you can customize the activity zone with eight anchor points."

However, I am only able to create 4-point zones. Please guide me on setting up a 6- or 8-point activity zone.

Thank you,

EE

EvanEscent
Guide
Guide

See here:

https://kb.arlo.com/1001908/What-are-activity-zones-and-how-do-I-create-them

"You can create up to three zones for each compatible Arlo camera. With Arlo Ultra and Pro 3 (or newer), you can customize the activity zone with eight anchor points."

However, I am only able to create 4-point zones. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Thank you,

EE

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Evanescent  I agree that that bulletin says you can do it with the 8 anchor points but I think that has been changed as I no longer can do it. Mine are now back to the 4 anchor points. Maybe @JamesC  can shed some more light on this. 

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Like I posted in the other thread I think it has been done away with but you'd think Arlo would at least comment on this one way or another. I really preferred the 8 point activity zone. It was a lot easier to set for odd shapes. I've tried on both my android phone and my pc but it's just not available. 

Again, maybe @JamesC  can shed some light on this.

Doug_Cam
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, as of 7/24/2020, the 8-point anchor activity zones may no longer be created on my system. I was able to do this before. I have not seen any Arlo announcement about removal of this feature.

wswhite
Tutor
Tutor

This feature has obviously been removed. I was able to do it previously. Why on earth Arlo would remove such a feature is unfathomable to me. If you learn differently please let me know.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@wswhite 

I doubt we will be hearing anything from Arlo on this. I've tried a couple of times to get an answer but so far I feel I've been ignored. I liked it a lot and had absolutely no problems with it. The least they can do is to confirm one way or another on it.

EvanEscent
Guide
Guide

Yet the Arlo Knowledge Base continues to tout 8 anchor points. How unprofessional. Arlo might be suffering from a lack of leadership.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

After consulting the development team about these reports, 8-point activity zones should be available for both Ultra and Pro 3 cameras as stated here: What are activity zones and how do I create them?

A ticket has been opened and escalated internally regarding the concerns raised here. I will provide an update once I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

After consulting the development team about these reports, 8-point activity zones should be available for both Ultra and Pro 3 cameras as stated here: What are activity zones and how do I create them?

A ticket has been opened and escalated internally regarding the concerns raised here. I will provide an update once I have more information.

JamesC

Doug_s1
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's great news hope it gets fixed
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thank You @JamesC 

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thank you JamesC

wswhite
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JamesC. Keep us posted please.

wswhite
Tutor
Tutor

I'm curious, does anyone use just the SmartHub without a subscription? Initially that is how I was setup until I signed up for a subscription. I won't swear to it but that might be when I lost the ability to use eight anchor points. Could it be that you lose that ability with a subscription? If you're using just the SmartHub try it out and let me/us know.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation