Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 way audio issues with Arlo Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
aames
Tutor
Tutor

I recently purchased 3 Arlo Pro 3 cameras, all have issue with 2-way audio, the person can hear me but I can't hear them, very low volume, have to hold the phone up to my ear and can still barely hear them, and yes, volume on my phone is turned all the way up. Using iPhone 8, ios 13.5.1. Web portal seems to work, just not my iPhone (tried my wife's iPhone also). I read all the forums and help guides but nothing solves my problem. Tried rebooting Arlo hub, deleting and reinstalling app, updating to latest ios, nothing works. I can hear audio when streaming video, issues only happens when I open the camera and try to communicate with the other person. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this issue, very frustrating. 

Thanks,

24 REPLIES 24
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aames,

Do you experience the same behavior when using a different device (such as a PC) than your phone?

JamesC

aames
Tutor
Tutor

Hello James,

No, computer works, just can’t have two-way conversation when using my iPhone, or any iPhone, tired by wife’s and daughters also. The mic and speaker are turned on for each camera (toggle switch is in the “green” position in Devices Settings/Audio Settings), speaker volume is set at 100%.

Note that motion detection videos contain audio (camera microphone is working)

Thanks,

fenton11
Guide
Guide
I noticed I have the same issue. The person can hear me on the camera but I can’t hear them through the app on my iPhone.
aames
Tutor
Tutor

Seems that its a known issue, others have experienced it also, but no resolution from Arlo yet

fenton11
Guide
Guide
James,

I have a iPhone xr and running iOS 13.5 and update the arlo app to the most recent version. It was working before. Thanks
aames
Tutor
Tutor

Hello James,

Do you have any further information on how to fix this issue? 

Thanks,

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aames,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

aames
Tutor
Tutor

Hello James,

Thank you for the quick response. I did contact Support, they told me that someone would call me back in 24 hours, its been 4 days.

I guess I'll call them again.

Thanks,

fenton11
Guide
Guide
Were you able to resolve? My volume from my phone is still soft.
aames
Tutor
Tutor

@fenton11 wrote:
Were you able to resolve? My volume from my phone is still soft.

Unfortunately not, they haven't contacted me to fix it. I'm going to return them

Zany
Initiate
Initiate
Just purchased Arlo 3. Same issue. I could be heard but can’t hear person talk. Tried everything from rebooting to what others have mentioned. Hopefully update to fix issue comes out VERY! soon.
aames
Tutor
Tutor

Zany,

Don't hold you breath waiting for a fix, this has been an known issue for many months with no word from Arlo. I would suggest sending them back and purchasing the Ring Spotlight Cam, only difference is they are 1080p, and they work, and Support is much more responsive. 

Good luck.

dscoti
Guide
Guide

Couldn't agree more with these posters.

I cannot hear when standing one foot away from the camera. They person on the other end, my wife from work, can hear me. 

There is no such thing as customer support or customer service from Arlo. 

I had Ring and left due to security issues, local storage, and better cameras, but at least it worked. I'm probably going to go back until better service and cameras come to Apple HomeKit. Heck, I'm even thinking about Google Nest at this point.  

fenton11
Guide
Guide
Tech Support,

Are you going to help us or not? Should I just return the cameras to Costco. This is terrible customer service.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dscoti, fenton11

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

fenton11
Guide
Guide
I did already. Here’s is the case number 41751841.
fenton11
Guide
Guide
Folks Arlo just release an update to the iOS app. I ipdated my app and the audio seems to be better now when using the two way talk feature.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@fenton11   What version is it, haven't seen it yet today. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Just saw on firmware update thread it 2.18. For some reason app store has no update to download yet that I could update. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dcfox1,

It may take a little time for all users to see the latest version in the app store. Typically within 24 hours it should be available to all users.

JamesC

fenton11
Guide
Guide
dcfox1
Master
Master

Ok thanks JamesC , I was wondering why thought it was me hehe. 

J_rome44
Aspirant
Aspirant

My volume for the 2 way camera is very very low! I can hear just fine, but if I try and talk you literally have to have your ear next to the camera!  And thats not an option since its mounted above my garage.  

I see this a known issue, but it appears a firmware update came out back in June that helped the Arlo Pro 3 users.  Obviously that update didnt help the newest Ultra camera

Any suggestions

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

J_rome44,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation