Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wifi issues

Reply
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 387 Views
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Truth2121
Tutor
Tutor
I have 3 Pro 3 Floodlights and arlo essential spotlights cams and arlo video doorbell arlo base station.

Can I get another router etc to help the lag when opening my cams on the app?
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:
I have 3 Pro 3 Floodlights and arlo essential spotlights cams and arlo video doorbell arlo base station.

Can I get another router etc to help the lag when opening my cams on the app?

You must not have the VMB3000 base, since it isn't compatible with your cameras.

 

You can get another base if you like (pairing some of the cameras to it, the rest to the existing base).  You can also try connecting cameras to your home wifi.

 

That could improve the signal strength/video quality, but it is unlikely to reduce the lag much.

Truth2121
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry I have the Base station
Vmb 4500r2.

I have the doorbell, one of the floodlight cams and one downstairs paired to the base station. So I should try to get another base station and maybe put it in the base station near my other cams?

Still will have the issue with the lag and time it takes to view the cam. I have issues even with the ones that are paired to the base station.

Wouk’s another router or mesh network help?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:
Sorry I have the Base station
Vmb 4500r2.

I have the doorbell, one of the floodlight cams and one downstairs paired to the base station. So I should try to get another base station and maybe put it in the base station near my other cams?

Still will have the issue with the lag and time it takes to view the cam. I have issues even with the ones that are paired to the base station.


Are you having any connection failures?  Or seeing any video corruption in the saved recordings (stalls, strange looking video)?

 

About how much lag are you seeing?

Truth2121
Tutor
Tutor

No not really having connection failures.  Just takes 20 to 25 seconds and sometimes longer for the video to come up.  No corruption in the videos.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Truth2121 wrote:

No not really having connection failures.  Just takes 20 to 25 seconds and sometimes longer for the video to come up.  No corruption in the videos.


Ok.

 

And once it does come up- how much lag are you seeing (delay between what you see on the screen and what is currently happening)?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 388 Views
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation