Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Achristopher67
Aspirant
Aspirant
My free trail for recording my videos has ended. I know one of my options is to pay for a subscription which I do not want to do. I currently have the Pro 2 system with the VMB3500 base station also. If I upgrade my base station can I record videos for both my Pro 2 system and also my floodlight? I don’t want to pay monthly and would rather upgrade my base station however I need to ensure that everything will record properly. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Achristopher67 wrote:
 If I upgrade my base station can I record videos for both my Pro 2 system and also my floodlight?

Yes, if you get a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000).  They are hard to find at the moment (and the ones out there are often overpriced).  Also, you will need to connect the floodlight to the smarthub (not your home wifi).

The Pro 2s will continue to have the 7-day cloud recording, but you will also be able to access the local ones.  The floodlight will only store to the base.

There are some limitations:

• Recordings can only be accessed from the app (not the browser)
  • Recordings can only be accessed using the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • You will not be able to take manual recordings and snapshots
  • No thumbnails in the notifications or library
  • some find remote access hard to set up

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

Achristopher67
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for the response. I was looking at my arlo camera's and got confused on what generation I have. I thought they were Pro 2 however they say NETGEAR on the side of the case. I know that Arlo had a relationship with NETGEAR which ended a couple of years ago. However I'm now trying to find out what generation of cameras I have and if they will work with the latest base stations listed in the previous comments. thanks for your help 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Achristopher67 wrote:

I was looking at my arlo camera's and got confused on what generation I have. I thought they were Pro 2 however they say NETGEAR on the side of the case. I know that Arlo had a relationship with NETGEAR which ended a couple of years ago. 

Arlo was owned by Netgear until late 2018 (when Netgear divested them).

There are three likely models.

• The original Arlo HD camera - 720p, and uses 4 CR123 batteries.
  • The Pro - also 720p, and uses a custom lithium battery.
  • The Pro 2 - 1080p, using the same battery as the Pro.

The Pro and Pro 2 have different bezels - here's a picture:

arlo-pro-vs-arlo-pro-2-1.jpg

If you open the cameras, you will find a model number inside (starting with VM).  Look behind the battery.

@Achristopher67 wrote:

However I'm now trying to find out what generation of cameras I have and if they will work with the latest base stations listed in the previous comments. thanks for your help 

The lastest base stations work with all the old camera models.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation