Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to change settings etc online

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SaffaClint
Aspirant
Aspirant

We've had one of these cameras for the last few weeks and it's been good so far. 

I log on to the Arlo website and should be able to view saved videos, change settings etc but there's nothing there. What am I doing wrong? 

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SaffaClint wrote:

I log on to the Arlo website and should be able to view saved videos, change settings etc but there's nothing there. What am I doing wrong? 

https://my.arlo.com ???

What browser are you using?

SaffaClint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using Chrome on both my phone and computer but I get zero options to do anything when I log into Arlo account. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SaffaClint wrote:

I'm using Chrome on both my phone and computer but I get zero options to do anything when I log into Arlo account. 

If you are using an iPhone, then you won't see any camera settings in the phone browser.  You should be able to access them all in the app.

And you should see them in my.arlo.com on the PC. 

1. Are you using the primary account?
  2. Is the camera on-line?

Also, are you seeing "Dashboard" and "Feed"?  Or are you seeing "Library"?

SaffaClint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm seeing NOTHING. I'll try screenshot it and post it here. It doesn't work on my phone or laptop. When I use the app it says the device is connected to my home wifi. 

SaffaClint
Aspirant
Aspirant

1000008565.jpg

1000008564.jpg

 this is what comes up when I sign in. I can't understand what's going wrong and I'm considering taking the device back and getting a refund. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

As I said, you won't see much using an iPhone browser.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you log into the app?

Maybe also a screenshot of the PC browser screen.

SaffaClint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using an Android device. 

The screenshot from my phone and laptop are the same, those same 2 screens with no bloody options to do anything. The app works ok but it's janky. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SaffaClint wrote:

The app works ok but it's janky. 

So the settings are available in the app?

That is likely the only option for the phone.  (I use an iPhone myself, and thought the Android browser offered more options).

You should see almost everything in the PC browser.  Does it look like you might be somehow seeing the mobile browser interface?

SaffaClint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate the help, I really do, but I don't know how to say it any clearer, I can't do a thing on my computer or any other, I should be able to view my camera feed from a computer, I CAN'T. I should be able to change settings etc on a computer, I CAN'T. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SaffaClint wrote:

I appreciate the help, I really do, but I don't know how to say it any clearer, I can't do a thing on my computer or any other, I should be able to view my camera feed from a computer, I CAN'T. I should be able to change settings etc on a computer, I CAN'T. 

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing on the PC browser?

Also, have you tried Edge or Firefox?

You could also try contracting Arlo support.  Use the app:

• go into the support area
  • select a camera in the subscription plan
  • scroll down to the contact area

Phone support is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation