Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight - Video distortion in 2K recorded video

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PDRx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Issue : Video is distorted with pixelation and appears to "scroll" sideways when recorded/viewing in 2K - See below images.

Images from Arlo App:

PDRx_0-1701143200806.png PDRx_1-1701143214946.png PDRx_2-1701143227973.png
Images not in order.

Images from My Arlo site:

PDRx_3-1701146098478.png

Additional Info:

We have 4 more Arlo cameras (Arlo Pro 2 - not 2K capable) which works fine, total of five devices. All are connected to a base station (VMB4500).

The corruption seems to happen with 2K recorded video and when viewing the video in the app or the My Arlo website at 2K. As this happens on the website too it doesn't seem to be related to the device it's viewed on, but rather the way it's recorded, i.e. camera, or potentially base station.
When disabling the "Local 2K live streaming" the issue disappears. Viewing the video stream via HomeKit seems fine. As HomeKit doesn't support 2K, this makes sense.
Removing and reconnecting the camera doesn't change the behaviour.

Configuration details - Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight:

1. Auto HDR - On
  2. Local 2k Live Streaming - Off
  3. Auto Zoom & Track - Off
  4. Night Vision - On
  5. Power Management - Optimized
    1. changing this makes no difference.
  6. Video Mode - Wide (160)
  7. Connection Strength - Strong
  8. Firmware - 1.080.28.0_12_590aec8
  9. Hardware - H6
  10. Base Station - VMB4500 (Connected via base station)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PDRx wrote:

The corruption seems to happen with 2K recorded video and when viewing the video in the app or the My Arlo website at 2K. As this happens on the website too it doesn't seem to be related to the device it's viewed on, but rather the way it's recorded, i.e. camera, or potentially base station.
When disabling the "Local 2K live streaming" the issue disappears. Viewing the video stream via HomeKit seems fine. As HomeKit doesn't support 2K, this makes sense.

Have you tried a factory reset?

1. remove the camera from the account
  2. hold down sync until the camera flashes amber (about 15 seconds)
  3. add the camera back again

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PDRx wrote:

Have you tried a factory reset?

1. remove the camera from the account
  2. hold down sync until the camera flashes amber (about 15 seconds)
  3. add the camera back again
PDRx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - A factory reset seems to have cleared it up, and it's been working since.
The camera is not even a week old, so it's a bit disconcerting.

PDRx
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem is back after removing the camera to charge it.

It's not feasible to have to reset and repair and reconfigure the device every time you charge it.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. Support is open 7 days a week from 6 am ~ 6pm PT. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation