Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Spotlight Camera not Connecting to Router

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
steverando1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't get my spotlight camera to pair with my router.  Tried everything!  Is there someone who can walk me through this? 

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

steverando1,

At what point during setup are you experiencing the issue? What error message do you see?

You might try making sure the camera is fully charged first, perform a factory reset and then try onboarding again: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

When onboarding, be sure your phone is connected to your 2.4Ghz WiFi band and you are selecting the correct model camera.

JamesC

steverando1
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC, Thank you for reaching out.  Once I install the battery, the blue light blinks ONCE, and stops.  It does not continue blinking.  What can I do to get it to blink?   The camera battery is fully charged, I have performed a factory reset many times, and my phone is definitely connected to my 2.4Ghz WiFi band and I am selecting the correct model camera.  I am at a loss and do not want to return it, but I have tried so many times I really can't afford to spend much more time on it.  Please share your thoughts and THANKS again.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

steverando1,

The LED should continuing blinking when in pairing mode. You can find more information about LED behaviors here: https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean

If the LED blinks only one time and stops, this could indicate potential hardware issue, I encourage you to reach out to the original place of purchase and request an exchange.

JamesC

steverando1
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

I appreciate all of your support.  I will return the camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

steverando1,

One more thing you could try, I apologize for not mentioning this above. With the housing removed, there is a manual sync button on the bottom of the camera next to the copper battery charging pins (the same button used for factory reset). Try pressing and releasing that button (short press and release, should result in a slow flashing blue LED) and then see if the camera will scan the QR code during onboarding.

JamesC

steverando1
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

I called the technical support line after finally finding their number.  They suggested I hook the camera up to the charger and then try holding the synch button until the amber light flashes.  After the amber light flashed, it turned to the blue blinking which I could not get it to do.  After that, had it mounted in 10 minutes.

e4services01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received mine and having the same issue as others with it not connecting to the router.

Tried all these suggestions nothing works. Is this just a bad product? or What?

Double checked everything SSID, WPA Password

Show it the QR, get the bringgg, blinks blue for a few more times and them 3 quick amber blinks. That is the only behavior I get no matter what I try

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You mention the WPA password - make sure it's WPA2, not just WPA.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation