Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight continuously activates by plants

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DaveN17
Follower
Follower

I have a new Pro 3 Floodlight and the AI does not work as advertised. I had over 280 notifications last night of people in the area. But it is all because of trees moving in the wind or cars on the road. I have modified the zones and reduced the sensitivity to below 40. Much lower than that and what is the point? The first night the battery went flat (less than 12 hours). I have made repeated adjustments but it continually notifies for vehicles when that is turned off. The instructions and FAQs do not provide enough detail other than basic set up. How do you get support from Arlo? I need to ask if someone else has been frustrated too first?

Yes, the firmware updated when I first set up the Floodlight. I have recreated the zones on my desktop. I have modified the zones, but they barely cover what they are there for. The sensitivity is less than 40 per cent. Everything is off except detect people. But the plants or sounds of vehicles keeps setting it off.

Not impressed in the first few days.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DaveN17 wrote:

But the plants or sounds of vehicles keeps setting it off.

Do you have audio detection enabled?  You might need to turn that off.

Moving branches is a problem, as that will set off the motion detection  The smart classifications and the zones don't improve battery life, as they are applied in the cloud - the camera just activates whenever it detects motion.

Adjusting the positioning to reduce the amount of unwanted area is often the best strategy.  A solar panel or the outdoor AC charger is another option (though not always practical).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation