Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
craftypilbow
Tutor
Tutor

The Pro 3 Floodlight device does not recognize the Solar Panel.  I have checked the connections -- all good.  The Panel receives direct sunshine.  The battery continues to drain.  Is there a way to fix this?  Many thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have another camera with the magnetic connection to try the panel on? That would help nail it down to a faulty panel. Do you ever see a lightning bolt in the battery icon? Have you tried cleaning both side of the connection? If all fails, swap at the store.

Also, how much recording and live viewing is happening per day? It's possible usage is exceeding the capability of the panel to charge the battery.

VMiller
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue. Cam works fine under battery. Solar panel no longer working (Charging the battery). Connections are fine - Battery drains then back to the wall charger. Annoying. This just seemed to happen over the winter. unit is about three years old. note the casing may be the issue. It's difficulty to seat properly. Any better ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@VMiller wrote:

Same issue. Cam works fine under battery. Solar panel no longer working (Charging the battery). Connections are fine - Battery drains then back to the wall charger. Annoying. This just seemed to happen over the winter. unit is about three years old. note the casing may be the issue. It's difficulty to seat properly. Any better ideas?

Same questions as I posted previously.

tomMLT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue - all of the sudden solar not charging. 

I see that there is not much help for this from Arlo - 

I WONT be buying another Arlo product. 

Support sucks, no real help, just get told "buy another" 

Buyer beware on this company and product. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation